Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update

March 24- I walked 2.5 miles. I joined a couple new Nike+ challenges.
March 26-I walked 2.52 miles. My nephew's girlfriend gave me $1 in change for the walk.
March 27-I walked 2.77 miles, part on the trail by the lake and part in the road.
I have blisters on both heels, and the right one's pretty painful. The blister on my toe is nearly well but becoming a callus.
March 28-I found a dime in the road in front of our house. My sister-in-law promised to save her change for me.
March 30-I walked 2.9 miles. My mom gave me a pair of Reeboks that don't rub my heels, so I barely felt my blister. While I walked I decided if I could beat my best distance I would have fresh mixers pasta for lunch-I beat it by .13.
I found a great blog by a fellow walker.
March 31-I walked 3.07 miles.
The business cards I ordered came, and they look great.
I woke up on the floor (I may have had a seizure that caused me to fall out of bed) and my left thigh is badly bruised. My left ankle is also a little tender.
April 4-After our church service, I went on stage to speak to my sister, and before I did so I spoke to the man who ministered that day and got him to pray with me about the 3-Day. He prayed a nice prayer, and said his sister has breast cancer.
April 7-I have felt sluggish and weak this week, about since I fell out of bed. Also my bruise and ankle are still sore.
April 9-I got a small journal to carry in my waist pack on the event.
I went to a Fit for the Cure event at Belk in Lakeshore Mall. I got a hot pink ribbon.
April 11-I got a pink shopping bag and pink ribbon socks at Kroger.
April 12-I walked 1.09 miles. I beat my best mile time.
April 13-I went to a Get Started meeting at the Cumming library. It was led by a nice lady named Karen. It was good, and I met a lot of nice people. I gave out a lot of business cards.
April 14-I walked 1.3 miles. My bruise is almost better but my leg is still a little tender. I found a penny in the road.
I ran in Kroger before I picked up my grandnephew to see if they had cake, and saw an old classmate from high school. I told her about doing the walk.
At about 4 someone from the 3Day called. They were calling all the team captains for a check-in. I talked to her about my bruise. She said I was doing the right thing by easing back into my training and by putting ice on my leg. I also asked her if I could get a digital copy of the DVD so I can put it on my iPod.
April 17-We went to the Nike outlet. I talked to a couple salesmen about the 3Day. One of them went and got a couple different shoes, one of which was the Air Miler, which I saw online and wanted. List price is $88--the price on the box was $25. When we went to pay for them they rang up at $10. It was awesome.
April 18-One of my girlfriends gave me $20 for the walk at church.
April 19-I walked about 1.4 miles-I did something wrong and mistakenly erased the workout from my iPod.
I put some change I had saved plus my girlfriend's money in the bank and donated it--there was actually more than I thought there was in the jar.
April 20-I walked 1.46 miles.
April 21-I walked 2.25 miles. I found a quarter in my car.
April 22-I did 20 minutes of yoga. My neighbor saw me getting out of my car when I came home from the store today, called to me and reminded me to come over because she'd promised me a donation when I spoke to her yesterday during my walk. I went to her house and used her computer to make a donation.
I feel so encouraged about this every time I find a coin somewhere or something that's essential to my walk is severely marked down.

No comments:

Post a Comment