Sunday, September 12, 2010

3Day training update

August 8-I got our magnets on our cars-mine on the driver's door, Mother's on her back bumper.
August 9-I walked 4.37 miles.
August 10-A fellow walker, Gabrielle, tweeted me and said if I'd give to her she'd give to me.  A bit later she gave $40!  I got her hooked up with the 3Day Tweeps.
I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.
August 11-I didn't walk because I felt weak due to mucus/sinus problems.
August 12-I fell out of bed and woke up on the floor.  I got a bad bruise on my face and a bump on my head.
August 13-I got a $50 donation in the mail from a neighbor lady whom I met on one of my walks.
August 17-I worked out 30 minutes on the elliptical.
August 18-My mom got me a hot pink T-shirt.
August 19-My mom got me a hot pink jacket and capris.
I called the 3Day coaches and spoke to a lady named Dana about my training and my not being able to walk. She reminded me the training plan is just a guideline and not set in stone.  It made me feel better about not walking.
August 20-My Superpoke Pets friend Kitty gave $10.
August 22- I logged 2700 steps (about 1.3 miles) at Kroger and Wal-mart.
August 23-I walked 4.15 miles.
August 24-I worked out 30 minutes on the elliptical.
I tweeted my friend Pam about how she got businesses to sponsor her, and she emailed me how she did it.
August 25-I walked 5.07 miles.  I saw a flock of 19 Canadian geese on a big yard.  They were there for my whole walk.
My cousin Jo gave $100!
August 26-I worked out 45 minutes on the elliptical.
My friend recommended a company where I can get a shirt made-I emailed them and think they may be a good place to get a shirt made.
August 27-I walked 15.08 miles!  About 3.5 miles in I sat on a bench and ate a granola bar.  At 7.5 miles I sat and ate pizza stix.  At about 11.5 miles I sat and ate a little pack of Craisins.  At 13.5 miles I started eating  my sport beans.  At 14 miles I started drinking my orangemint water.
August 29-My dad gave me a $100 donation over lunch.  I logged 2300 steps.
August 30-I walked 2.61 miles.  
I deposited the check from my dad and donated it online.
Some donations I sent in posted.
August 31-I worked out 45 minutes on the elliptical.
The locations for the opening and closing ceremonies posted-opening is at Lake Lanier Islands, closing is at Turner Field.
I logged 1135 steps, about half a mile.
September 1-I walked 6.47 miles.  My orange cat friend let me pet him twice.
I logged about 2300 steps.
September 2-I worked out about 45 minutes on the elliptical.
Through a Facebook post from a fellow Tweep I found out that the people who give to me online can leave me a message.  I got several nice ones, from my friend Kitty, from our neighbors, and found out from my cousin Dawn that my cousin Pam had had breast cancer.
September 3-I walked 8.1 miles.  At about 3.5 miles I walked to a bench, sat, and ate a granola bar.  I saw a crane on the beach.  At about 4.5 miles I saw a lady watering her plants.  I stopped and talked to her for a few minutes.  I gave her my card and told her about the 3Day.  She said her sister had had breast cancer and she would give.
I wrote a note on my friend Anita's Facebook wall.  She wrote me back, asking how to give.  She said her mom, who is battling breast cancer, is doing better.  She thanked me for walking and said maybe she'd walk next year and we could team up.
My mom called from work at 6.  She said her boss let her make a lot of copies of my donation form and gave her a $100 donation.
September 4-I walked 6.23 miles.
September 5-I logged 4800 steps, about 2.29 miles.
September 6-I walked 5.15 miles.
September 7-I sent messages/posted notes to all of my Facebook friends about the 3Day.
September 8-I walked 6.56 miles.  I saw a crane, and a rabbit.
My friend Anita gave $50.
September 9-We went to Cumming.  At my doctor's office I told the receptionists about the 3Day and gave them my cards. I found out one of them was a breast cancer survivor.  At Target I got a pink journal to go in my pack, and and a charger for my ipod.
I logged 2100 steps, about a mile.
September 11-Another of my mom's coworker's gave-this time $25.
At about 7:30, our chocolate Lab Levi and I went out for a little walk around the block.  At the corner there were some people cooking out.  I spoke to them a bit, about baseball and other things.  Then I told them about the 3Day.  They seemed interested in it, so I ran back to the house and got my card, went back and gave it to them.  One of the gentlemen gave me $10 cash.  The lady with him was acting as if she'll give more later.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's wonderful how active you are at spreading the word about the 3 Day through the people you encounter during training. What a great way to drum up donations! I also think it's excellent that your mom has become such a great support system for you on this adventure. Keep up the good work!

    ~ Kristen