Sunday, August 9, 2009

My new car!


Friday morning we set out to look at a car I found online at Auto Trader's site, in Alpharetta. We arrived to the car lot a few minutes ahead of my dad. Upon arriving there, we looked to see if we could find the car I'd seen. We located what we thought was it, but it was marked much higher than the online price. We found a salesman, showed him my printout, and were assured that it was the same car; it was marked down online. When my dad arrived, he inspected the car and deemed it worthy of a test drive. After the test drive he still liked it, so we went into the office and settled on a price. We ended up getting it for more than $200 off the price they posted on line, and $3000 less than the sticker price. I was so happy that we were able to get it for that price.
It has been wonderful, for the first time in about 2 years, to be able to back up and park like a normal person. It's wonderful to have air conditioning. It's wonderful to not have to worry about the car breaking and me being stranded somewhere. It's wonderful to not get wet when it's raining outside. It's wonderful to not have a steering wheel that gets sticky when it's humid. It's wonderful to be able to lock my car and open my trunk. It's wonderful to have a radio that gets good reception. It's wonderful to have a rearview mirror. It's wonderful to have a car that doesn't leak anything. The only problem is I can't find a way to get my iPod to play in the car. The cassette adapter I have works a little, but it starts trying to flip the tape back and forth and won't play. I got an FM transmitter, but I didn't like it because there's a lot of static on it, and also because I had to change the station a lot to get it to play at all. Overall I am very pleased, and the car seems to be driving better now that I've driven it some.
I am so thankful and grateful to the Lord for leading us to this car, and for providing me with the resources I used to get it--I used the money from the sale of a stock I was given in an oil company who're drilling for oil in Eretz Israel. I signed up for their newsletter and information because of my deep interest and love for the nation of Israel and the Jewish people. I think this illustrates Genesis 12:3-
"I will bless those who bless you, and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

No comments:

Post a Comment