Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekly journal

March 15-I went to Michael's and got 3 different shades of pink embroidery floss. I may make bracelets or bookmarks, and either give them to my donors as a thank you or sell them.
I told the teller at my bank about doing the walk, and gave her one of my donor cards.
I wrote my cousin Staci on Facebook, asking for her prayers as I do this. She wrote me a nice note back.
March 16-I was a bit depressed/upset and wanted to do something productive so I went on a walk. I was able to walk almost 2 miles.
When I got home my mom and nephew were in his room. Mother said when the Walk comes through Buford, she and my sister-in-law Debbie at least would come and cheer for me.
I had on 2 pair of socks while I walked, and where the seams meet rubbed my right pinkie toe and made a blister. It happened because my walking shoes are tighter fitting than the boots I usually wear.
I formed a challenge on Nike+ to track my training walks mostly, and ultimately the Walk itself. If I can find team members to walk with me, they can put theirs there too.
I made a playlist to listen to on my walks-it ended up being 36 songs.
I tweeted about my walk and blister-my sister Julie said she did four miles on Sunday, and she had a blister on one of her pinkies also.
March 18-I walked about 2 miles-the iPod acted screwy so I'm not sure of the exact distance. I met a sweet cat and his owner who lives near us. I talked to her about the walk. I also had a nice time of worship while I walked. I felt like David on the back 40.
March 19-I walked 2.07 miles-I felt bad and on thought I'd be able to do one.
March 20-I ordered some business cards with my donor information on them from Vistaprint.
I walked 2.16 miles-I felt weak and thought I wouldn't be able to walk at all, but I was able to do 2 miles.
My walker handbook came. It also came with a nice button.
I made a training schedule, based on the one in the handbook, but where the week starts on Sunday.
March 21-I gave out some more donor cards at church. I gave my friend Jeannie my extra 2010 3Day DVD. I spoke to our elder about maybe making a widespread announcement to our church to rally support from there.
A friend I made through my virtual pet Elizabeth, gave $10 to sponsor me-my first donation!
March 22-I walked 2.56 miles.
I got some pink shoelaces.
March 23-I walked 2.5 miles. I walked on the opposite side of our home to where I usually walk, to see how long that loop is.
Near the end of my walk, I saw a lady who lives near us, and gave her my donor card. She is going to try to publish my info in our club newsletter.
I joined a couple Nike+ challenges.
In the car on the way home from school, my grandnephew Aaron and I were talking about musicians. I said, not everyone is a musician. He said, not everybody is doing the 3Day Walk, but you're doing it. I thought it was sweet.
I am feeling anxious about meeting my fundraising goal, though my walk is 7 months away, and I have told relatively few people about my walking. This morning the road I walked on was right next to a pasture with cattle in it, and I thought of this verse-"For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills." (Psalm 50 10) Also I see all kinds of birds in the trees around my home as I walk, and they reminded me of this verse-"Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for Your Heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to Him than they are?" (Matthew 6 26) Seeing the animals this morning reassured me once again that my doing this walk is truly of the Lord this year, and that He has provided for my signing up for the walk and for all I have need of do the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment